Five Reasons For a Vasectomy That Mishawaka Men Are Sure to Appreciate
Ella Fitzgerald’s famous song reminds us all that there’s always another season, another reason for “makin’ whoopee.” For couples who have reached their max kid capacity, it may just be their season to consider a permanent, safe and effective method of birth control. If you and your significant other have found a reason to pull the plug on procreating, we have the perfect place to consult with for a vasectomy that Mishawaka guys trust.
Five Reasons It’s the Season for a Vasectomy That Mishawaka Men Approve
Whether it’s fall, winter, spring or summer, there’s never a bad time to consider a vasectomy. After all, if a couple decides that they’ve achieved their perfect familial number or perhaps one or both partners has a genetic trait they’d rather not pass on, a vasectomy is one of the safest, most effective and lasting options for birth control.
Beyond the obvious perks of “making whoopee” without the added necessity of a prophylactic, let’s take a look at five other vasectomy benefits for men of Mishawaka to Madison:
- It’s the Most Cost-Effective Form of Birth Control: The fee for a vasectomy is “one and done.” No need to portion out part of the budget toward condoms, birth-control pills and other contraceptives anymore. With all the money you saved, you can go on a vacation … and make even more (prophylactic free) whoopee.
- Recovery is Easy Peasy: A vasectomy requires very little downtime – typically only seven to ten days. Your urologist will generally recommend that you take it easy for 24 hours, and take off work for up to three days. What a perfect opportunity to catch up on your favorite sports!
- No Hospital Stay for You: Vasectomies take a mere 20 minutes and can be performed in your urologist’s office.
- Minimal Risk, Maximum Reward: Although it’s important to understand that there is always some degree of risk associated with any type of surgery, vasectomies rarely result in complications (only a two to three percent risk of pain, bleeding or infection). Your reward is being able to let those condoms collect dust.
- No Age Restrictions: Although the preferred age range for vasectomies is targeted toward men between the ages of 25 and 45, there is no actual age restriction. During a consultation, your urologist will be able to tell you for certain if you qualify. Bring your I.D. though, just in case (kidding!).
It’s important to note, that although it’s extremely rare for a pregnancy to occur – a less than one percent chance – it’s crucial to follow the post-op instructions of your urologist. After seven to ten days, your doctor will most likely give you the thumbs up to resume sexual activity, but you’ll want to make sure to have protected sex for up to six weeks (or 10 to 20 ejaculations) until a sperm count confirms a zero.
Remember: although a vasectomy prevents pregnancy, it will not guard against STDs.
Who Do Vasectomy Mishawaka Candidates Choose?
There are several reasons that men from Mishawaka to the greater Philadelphia area choose The Vasectomy Clinic of Michiana. Not only do we have an experienced, skilled and friendly team of urologists and supporting staff, we practice the most advanced approaches. This includes options that don’t involve the use of a scalpel.
If you’re ready to take advantage of a permanent form of birth control that’s safe, cost-effective, quick and will afford you more opportunities to watch your favorite sports teams on TV, call us today to schedule a consultation: (574) 234-4100.