It’s hard to determine just how many people are affected by urinary incontinence since there are several different manifestations of the condition. Sometimes urinary incontinence occurs as a result of an overactive bladder, other instances week pelvic muscles are to blame, and sometimes the bladder simply produces too much urine. No matter which variety or combination of this often stressful, embarrassing and uncomfortable condition you may have, when it comes to urinary incontinence treatment that South Bend patients rely on, Urology Associates of South Bend (USAB) are here to help.
Your Guide to Urinary Incontinence Treatment That South Bend Patients Prefer
Individuals dealing with urinary incontinence can often feel alone, depressed and inhibited by the restrictions of their condition. Despite the negative factors associated with urinary incontinence, it doesn’t have to hold you hostage. At UASB we offer a number of treatments to address an overactive bladder (OAB), stress urinary incontinence (SUI), mixed incontinence (OAB and SUI) and overflow incontinence, including:
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Rehabilitation
- For those who experience SUI and mixed incontinence, pelvic floor rehabilitation can include helpful exercises to engage the pelvic muscles, such as Kegels, as well as biofeedback that utilizes electric stimulation.
- Posterior-Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS)
- This therapy works well to treat OAB by using a form of stimulus that connects from a nerve in the ankle and extends to the sacral nerve plexus at the base of the spine, intended to help activate the bladder to function properly.
- BOTOX Therapy
- BOTOX injections have been shown to help successfully aid OAB.
- We may prescribe any number of medications based on the type of urinary incontinence a patient suffers from, including anticholinergics, estrogen and antidepressants.
- We utilize the most advanced approaches and innovative technology, including minimally invasive robotic surgery to treat urinary incontinence and other urological conditions.
A Customizable Solution for Your Individual Needs
Our educated, professional and skilled urologists are dedicated to finding the perfect solution for your individual urinary incontinence condition. We routinely treat patients with OAB, SUI, mixed incontinence and overflow incontinence. It’s our priority to get you back to a full and active lifestyle as soon as possible.
If you’d like to know more about the premier location for urinary incontinence treatment that South Bend patients rave about, one of our friendly, trusted UASB team members would love to have a conversation with you. Please call us anytime at (574) 234-4100 or contact us online.