The Urinary Incontinence Treatments South Bend Can Talk About
Urinary incontinence is the leaking of urine that you cannot control. Did you know that according to The Urology Care Foundation, a quarter to a third of men and women in the U.S. suffer from urinary incontinence? That means that about 33 million Americans have overactive bladders with symptoms of urgency, frequency with or without urge incontinence. The Mayo Clinic advises that it’s important to determine the type of urinary incontinence that you have. Your symptoms can often help your doctor determine the type you have. If you do suffer from a form of incontinence have you wondered what urinary incontinence treatments, South Bend urologists have to offer?
Urinary Incontinence Treatment South Bend Residents Can Trust
Whatever your symptoms may be, at Urology Associates of South Bend, we offer services and treatments that you can feel confident about and trust. There are many different ways in which urologists in South Bend can address urinary incontinence. Among the most common urinary incontinence treatments are:
- Behavioral techniques including bladder training, double voiding, scheduled times to the bathroom, and fluid and diet management.
- Exercise such as pelvic floor muscle exercises that help to strengthen the muscles that control urination.
- Medications can play an integral part in treating urinary incontinence. Your doctor can determine what medication you need based on your symptoms.
- Surgery may be needed if other treatments haven’t worked the way you and your doctor wanted. There are several options for surgical procedures that can be successful. Your doctor will discuss each option to determine what’s best for you.
- Interventional therapies such as injections and nerve stimulators that can help control urge incontinence
We know that dealing with this can seemingly be isolating, but we want you to know that you’re not alone. We know that when it comes to urinary incontinence treatments, South Bend residents need somewhere they can go without the pain of embarrassment and feeling awkward. We are here to lend an ear, be a steady voice, and help guide you in discovering your best options. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us. Urinary incontinence doesn’t have to mean the end of your best life. We are ready and waiting to help you get back to living it.
Request an Appointment
6301 University Commons, Suite 350
South Bend, IN 46635